Indian atmosphere / Android salad
Welcome to version 433 of Android Apps Weekly. Here are the top headlines from the past week:
- It turns out that most of our readers are already reading change logs. We published the survey last week because we were curious to see if people actually read it for apps in the Play Store. More than 50% of readers said they did, while 34% said they would if they saw a notification. These are very good numbers and we admire our readers for them.
- There seems to be a flaw in Huawei’s AppGallery that allows you to download premium apps for free. Developer Dylan Roussel has alerted Huawei about the issue but Huawei has not yet resolved it. Fortunately, it is not very easy to do, so the vulnerability should not cause much damage. Hopefully Huawei will fix it sooner rather than later.
- Google has started a testing program for the companion app for Wear OS. You can find a link to that here. Some people get stuck trying to join the beta, so don’t be sad if you don’t get in right away. Anyway, this new beta will likely allow people to test out new features before actually launching the app. It’s good to see Google take it more seriously, especially considering the Pixel Watch is coming this fall.
- WhatsApp changes the way you leave a group chat. Currently, group chat leave alerts are basically everyone you left. The new change alerts group administrators and you only when you leave the group. It’s a small thing, but still a good change.
- Google Play may remove nearly 900,000 apps from the Google Play Store because the developer has abandoned them. Old apps like apps and new apps don’t work without updates that don’t get bug fixes. Additionally, the apps are not updated to the latest APIs, so they are not optimized. Anyway, it looks like both Google and Apple want to free up some space to make room for newer apps. Click on the link to find out how they will do it.
price: Free to play
Mythic Legends is a new strategy game with some automated chess mechanics. Players unlock different heroes and use them to duel against other players. The game also has a few different game modes with ranked playlists, gauntlet, royale, and dungeon. In essence, it is a strategy game of collecting cards with some fun mechanics, so fans of these particular types of games must enjoy this game. It has some flaws and is not very deep yet. However, we think things will expand over time. Keep an eye on the move.
KMINT is a multi-chain crypto wallet that also supports NFTs. It contains most of the usual stuff that you can find in most cryptocurrency wallets. You can exchange coins, send and receive coins from others and the MiniApp platform with many other tools. To be honest, I’m not the biggest crypto guy so I didn’t really have many assets to play with here, but they seem to work out fine for what they are. New apps are always a bit bugged, so give developers time to mold them before making a full judgment.
price: $6.99 with in-app purchases
Gunfire Reborn is an adventure game that has quite a few other elements. It boasts some RPG, roguelite, and FPS mechanics. In addition, the graphics are vaguely reminiscent of the ancient Borderlands games. Players make their way through the levels by shooting down bad guys. You can play alone or with friends. it’s your choice. It was previously released on PC and the developers seem to have done a good job with their mobile port. The game is premium at $6.99, but that unlocks all content. The only thing you can buy with in-app purchases are additional characters. This is a reasonably good game and one of the few FPS games at a premium price.
Looking forward to talking
Look to Speak is a new app from Creative Lab at Google. We talked about this in a previous update but it seems to be gone now. The app is very simple, but also great. You give your phone a specific look and the phone reacts with a specific message. Thus, you can, for example, ignore your phone and your phone will tell the person you are with to leave. It is an accessibility app and it is a beta product. Be sure to report any bugs or issues to Google so they can fix them.
Apex Legends Mobile
price: Free to play
Apex Legends Mobile is definitely among the biggest mobile game releases of the year so far. It is a mobile version of the popular game and most of the mechanics are porting. It is a battle royale style game with many legends that have different abilities. The gameplay is smooth and we particularly like the shooting range mode that lets you view weapons and test control changes. Its launch was surprisingly smooth without many bugs or issues. The game worked great on my tested phones. It’s been a few days, so it’s old news, but this one definitely rivals PUBG or Fortnite on mobile. It may be better.
If we missed any news or big releases of Android apps and games, tell us about it in the comments.
thank you for reading. Also try this: