- If your Windows 11 touch screen is not calibrated and does not work, check the screen for scratches or dirt.
- Before trying any other solution to fix the problem, you should clean the screen and stylus emblem with a microfiber cloth using light pressure.
- You may also need to adjust calibration, update or reinstall drivers, or check for the latest Windows updates.
XInstall by clicking the download file
Do you have a Windows 11 laptop that can’t be calibrated or won’t turn on? This can be frustrating, especially in the case of devices where the only access option is through the touch screen.
While Windows touch devices are known for their smooth functionality, especially with graphically demanding applications, things can sometimes go wrong.
You may encounter issues like touch screen not working or sometimes Windows 11 touch screen won’t calibrate at all.
While we have covered how to calibrate the touch screen on Windows 10, here we will talk about some solutions that may help you if your Windows 11 touch screen is not calibrated.
Does the touch screen work with Windows 11?
Windows 11 is optimized for touch input, so if your PC is touch screen compatible, like a 2-in-1 laptop, you should be able to enjoy that experience.
On touchscreen devices like the Microsoft Surface series, when you detach the keyboard from the device, the operating system automatically adapts.
Some of the touch-enhanced Windows 11 features include:
- Taskbar icons spaced out for easy touch
- Larger touch targets, thus, easy to drag and resize
- An improved capture system that lets you capture one window on top of another vertically
- Option to minimize windows by swiping with three fingers
- Haptic feedback with digital pen
- A touch keyboard similar to SwiftKey
While Windows 11 is well optimized for touchscreen devices like the Surface, if you’re a stylus fan, you’ll need to calibrate the stylus before using it.
How do I calibrate my Surface Pen in Windows 11?
Microsoft Surface comes with built-in handwriting recognition that enhances your overall pen experience. However, before using the Surface Pen on Windows 11, it must be calibrated.
- Click on Wins + s keys together to start playing He runs Control unit.
- In the search bar, type, control Board and press yes.
- Now, change the file View by domain for category and choose Hardware and sound from the list.
- Next, on the right side, select Calibrate the screen for pen or touch input.
- you will see now Tablet settings dialog box.
- under an offer tab, go to Display optionsand click calibration.
- In the new dialog, select File pencil option and now follow the on-screen instructions to finish the calibration.
Once this process is done, your Surface Pen will be calibrated in Windows 11.
However, sometimes, you cannot calibrate the touch screen in Windows 11. Here are some methods that may help you fix the problem.
How do I fix my touch screen calibration in Windows 11?
1. Download touch screen driver for Windows 11
1.1 Update touch screen driver
- Click on Wins+ s Hotkey combination to open a file He runs Control unit.
- In the search field, type devmgmt.msc and hit Enters to open a file device manager Window.
- Go to human interface devicesExpand the partition, right-click on the device and select Driver Update.
- Then, in the new window, click Automatically search for drivers.
- Windows will start searching for the latest drivers on your computer and if the latest version is available, it will install them automatically.
Once this is done, close Device Manager, restart your computer and check if you can now calibrate your Windows 11 touchscreen after downloading the driver.
1.2 Install default drivers
- Press the hotkeys Wins + s together to launch He runs Control unit.
- Now type devmgmt.msc in the search bar and press Enters.
- In the device manager window, expand human interface devicesright-click on the touch device and select uninstall.
- You will now see a small confirmation message – Uninstall the device. press uninstall to confirm the action.
Once the device is completely uninstalled, exit Device Manager and restart your computer.
Your computer should now install the latest driver version automatically and the Windows 11 touch screen issue will not be fixed now.
2. Surface Pro Windows 11 touch screen not working
- Click on Wins + me Shortcut key to start Windows Settings.
- Scroll left and tap Windows Update.
- Now, scroll right and tap Check for updates.
- Once Windows pulls out any recent updates, click to download them to your computer.
Now, restart your computer and the update will be installed automatically.
Refer to the Microsoft support page for more Surface touch screen issues and possible solutions to other touchscreen related issues.
3. Lenovo Yoga touch screen not working on Windows 11
3.1 Check if the device is compatible with Windows 11
Even though you were able to upgrade your PC to Windows 11, the touch screen will fail to work, because the device is actually not compatible with Windows 11.
Therefore, make sure that your device meets all the system requirements of Windows 11, to ensure that the touch screen is working.
3.2 Editing Registry Settings
Make sure to create a backup of your Registry Editor settings, before making any changes. This will ensure that any data lost during the process can be easily recovered.
- press the keys – Wins + s on your keyboard. This will open a file He runs Control unit.
- In the search bar, type regedit and hit Enters.
- Navigate to the path below in the file Registry Editor Window:
- Now, go to the right side and double click on EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled.
- hiring value data domain for 00000000 and press yes to save the changes.
Now, exit the Registry Editor, restart your computer, and your Windows touchscreen issue should be resolved.
For more solutions related to this issue, check out our complete guide on how to fix Lenovo Yoga touch screen if it’s not working on Windows 11.
However, if none of the above methods worked, Windows 11 touch screen will not calibrate the issues due to a faulty hardware.
In this case, take your laptop to a nearby Lenovo service center and seek assistance to fix the problem.
How do I adjust touch sensitivity in Windows 11?
If you want to change the resolution with which your screen senses when using a stylus or a finger, you can follow these steps to adjust the touch screen sensitivity:
Touch screen calibration:
- Press the hotkey combination – Wins + s keys to unlock He runs Control unit.
- write in, control Board in the search field and hit Enters.
- Now, select category from View by drop down menu and select Hardware and sound from the list.
- Next, on the right side, select Calibrate the screen for pen or touch input.
- In the Tablet settings Dialog box, check if the screen is in a file an offer The field is the one you want to calibrate.
- select file calibration button and follow the on-screen instructions.
Once you adjust the touch sensitivity, the Windows 11 touch screen issue will not be resolved now.
How do I disable the touch screen in Windows 11?
There may be situations where you do not want to use the touch screen on your Windows 11 PC. In such a case, you can disable all touch features easily through the built-in option as follows:
- Click on Wins +s key combination to launch He runs Control unit.
- Write devmgmt.msc in the search field and hit Enters.
- In the device manager window, expand human interface devices.
- Next, right-click on the first HID compliant touch screen option and select disable device.
The touch screen is now temporarily disabled and you can re-enable it again if you like or leave it as is.
If the above methods fail and your touch screen is still unresponsive, you can follow our step-by-step guide on Windows 11 touch screen not working.
Moreover, if you find any other solutions that work for you, leave a comment in the comment box below.
start a conversation