- For important reasons, FortiClient VPN may not work on Windows 11 even though it works on Windows 10 on the same computer.
- The most common problem is that it fails to establish a connection or is frequently disconnected from the VPN.
- Updating the network adapter can help you get rid of this problem in many cases.
- Although you can also try to reinstall the VPN client with the latest version, you may still need to follow some of the other methods described in this article.
XInstall by clicking the download file
If you are looking for a solution to fix Windows 11 Forticlient VPN not working issue, then this article will help you in troubleshooting this issue.
Forticlient VPN is a highly reliable client to access corporate networks from anywhere. Many people around the world rely on it to improve flexibility and performance.
However, things go wrong when they don’t work properly. Several users reported that it works on their Windows 10 PCs but they stopped working on Windows 11 after upgrading. Most of them have experienced that FortiClient VPN keeps disconnecting frequently or fails to establish a connection.
Don’t worry. You can get rid of this problem if you follow these methods carefully.
How can I fix Windows 11 Forticlient VPN not working?
1. Reinstall with the latest version
- press Wins + me on the keyboard to open Windows 11 Settings.
- go to apps.
- Click Applications and Features.
- Search Forticlient VPN.
- Click on the three vertical dots next to VPN Client and choose uninstall.
- go to FortiClient VPN Download Page.
- Download VPN.
- Install it on your Windows 11 PC.
2. Change DNS
2.1 Set DNS Address
- Go to Windows Settings as before.
- Click Ethernet or WIFIdepending on the connection you are using.
- Click Modify Next to Set DNS Server.
- Choose booklet.
- Enable IPv4 or IPv6, depending on your preference.
- Set your preferred DNS address and click Save. In our case, we used Google DNS: 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11.
2.2 Flush DNS
- Open the Start menu.
- He writes poultice and press Enter to open the file Command Prompt.
- Type the following command and press Enter.
After changing the DNS, you can try to connect to your VPN using FortiClient. Hopefully it won’t get disconnected again and works properly on Windows 11.
3. Check proxy settings
- Go to network settings as before.
- Click agent.
- Click Modify next to Use a proxy server.
- Turn it off.
- Do the same with using the setup script.
4. Network Reset
- go to network setting.
- Click Advanced network settings.
- Next, tap Network reset.
- Click Reset now.
- Click yes.
5. Re-enable Ethernet
- Go to network setting repeatedly.
- go to Advanced network settings.
- Click Champions next to the Ethernet connection you are using.
- After a few seconds, tap Enable.
6. Use Wi-Fi
To fix FortiClient VPN not working issue in Windows 11, you have to use Wi-Fi connection instead of Ethernet.
For some reason, on some computers, the error only appears when users try to connect to the VPN using an Ethernet connection. But when they try to do the same with Wi-Fi, it suddenly works.
7. Update network driver
- open the start menu.
- He writes device manager and press Enter to open Windows Device Manager.
- sought network adapters.
- Right-click on the network driver and select Driver Update.
- Click Automatically search for drivers.
- Windows 11 will try to find and install the latest driver automatically.
Now, try to connect to a VPN. You should not face the problem of FortiClient VPN not working on Windows 11 anymore.
8. Use SSL-VPN
If FortiClient VPN is still not working on Windows 11, you have to change something in your VPN configuration. Instead of IPsec VPN, use SSL VPN. For this, configure every necessary setting on the server and client side.
According to a large number of users, this technique is very effective.
9. Change VPN
If you do not need to use a VPN for commercial purposes and a connection to the corporate network is not necessary, then FortiClient VPN is not mandatory. In that case, you can try any industry leading VPN services on Windows 11.
Private Internet Access (PIA) is the recommended VPN service for everyone. This VPN service is an excellent choice for gaming, watching Netflix, Hulu, or doing other things. It can give you the best performance and security.
PIA has applications on various platforms. Therefore, no manual configuration is required. Especially on Windows 11, its VPN client works great.
Private Internet Access
Private Internet Access is a very reliable VPN service with a huge global network that works very well on Windows 11.
This is the most effective way to get rid of FortiClient VPN not working on Windows 11 issue. Feel free to share any other effective methods in the comment box if you know of any other effective techniques.
start a conversation