There are endless reasons why you should know how to transfer photos from Android to PC. You might have just picked up one of the best unlocked Android phones or best Android tablets and want to backup the gallery from your old device. Or maybe you want to test the display of one of the best Windows laptops by viewing your screenshots on the larger computer screen.
Whatever your motivation, knowing how to transfer photos from Android to PC will allow you to easily view, share and edit your precious photos on your Windows PC, as well as provide a place for you to physically backup your photos if you so desire. Prefer not to use the cloud storage service.
With Microsoft’s useful Phone Link app (formerly Your Phone), you can instantly view your gallery on your Windows PC wirelessly, letting you save photos to your PC with just a few clicks. Or if you’d rather do things the old-fashioned way, connecting your phone via USB is just as easy.
The Phone Link setup process is slightly different depending on whether or not you have a Samsung phone, since Microsoft and Samsung have a partnership which means Phone Link functionality is hidden in recent Samsung Galaxy devices in certain regions. However, it’s still easy to set up Phone Link with non-Samsung devices, or those that don’t have Phone Link built in.
So, if you want to know how to transfer photos from Android to PC, follow this guide to know all about it.
How to transfer photos from Android to computer
Transfer photos from Android to Windows PC wirelessly: Samsung phone
1. Open the Phone Link app on your computer by release start menu And Writing “phone link“So you show up before that click app icon. If you don’t see the app, you can install it from the Microsoft Store.
2. Open the Windows app link on your Samsung phone by Open your app drawer And seek “Link to Windows“. Click on Link to Windows app icon to open it.
3. You will now see a link to the Windows Settings page. Press the switch button next to employment to turn on the feature. next one, Add your Microsoft account On your phone if you haven’t already Click on Microsoft account.
Note: You must also be signed in to the Microsoft account you use on the Windows PC that you want to sync your photos with.
4. Open the phone link a program on your computer And Click Get Started.
5. Check the box next to “I have a link to a Windows app ready”Then Click Pair Manually.
6. Click Create PINthen the PIN code will appear on the next screen.
7. open the Link to Windows The app on your Samsung phone And Click Continue on this screen.
8. He writes The The PIN code appears in the Phone Link app on your computer In the Link to Windows app on your Samsung phone.
9. Tap Done in the Windows app link on your Samsung phone To complete the pairing process on your phone.
10. Open the Phone Link app to a file PC And Click Continue To complete the pairing process on your computer.
11. Now your Samsung phone and PC are linked, you can view your photos on your PC by click The Photos tab in the Phone Link app. To save an image to your computer, Right click on him Then Click Save As.
Transfer photos from Android to Windows PC wirelessly: Non-Samsung phone
1. Open the phone link a program on your computer by Start the start menu And Writing “phone link“So you show up before that Clicking the application icon. If you don’t see the app, you can install it from the Microsoft Store.
2. Install a link to the Windows app on your phone by downloading it from the Play Store. Once installed, Open the app drawer And searching for “Link to Windows. ” Click on Link to Windows app icon to open it.
3. Tap on Connect your phone and PCThen Click Continue On the next page.
4. The app should now open a QR code scanner. Allow permissions on this page to continue through Tapping only this time or While using the appaccording to your preference. Keep running the app with the QR code scanner openwhich you will need to use soon.
5. Open the phone link a program on your computer And Click Get Started.
6. Check the box Next to I have a link to a ready-made Windows appThen Click Pair with QR Code.
7. Open a file Link to Windows a program on your phone and Put it on your computer screen to Scan the QR code. Your phone’s QR code scanner should remain unlocked from the previous step. You will see the message “Pair with PC” While syncing your phone and PC.
8. Click ContinueThen Click Continue To configure permissions.
9. Tap Allow On each of the permission requests they appear.
10. Click Continue Then Allow. finally, Click Done to finish setup.
11. Open the Phone Link app on your computer and Click Continue To complete the pairing process on your computer.
12. Now your phone and PC are connected, you can view your photos on your PC by Click the Photos tab In the Phone Link app. To save an image to your computer, Right click it then Click Save As.
Transfer photos from Android to Windows PC via USB
If you have a huge collection of photos that you want to transfer to your computer, doing it via USB is the fastest and most efficient way to do it. Fortunately, the Windows built-in Photos app makes it easy to import photos from your Android phone.
Note: This guide is based on a Samsung Galaxy device. The process is almost identical on a non-Samsung device, but may differ slightly. We have detailed where the steps differ and have provided steps for those using a Google device.
1. Connect your phone and PC Using a USB cable – preferably the one your phone came with. right Now, swipe down From the top of your phone screen to open the Notification Center, then Click USB to transfer files Opens the USB settings menu.
2. Click on Transfer Photos To put your phone in photo transfer mode.
On a non-Samsung device, such as a Google Pixel, Go to settings and press Connected devices. Press USB and then Select File Transfer / Android Auto under Use USB for To put your phone in photo transfer mode.
3. Open a file photo app on your computer by Open Start Menu And Writing “PicturesUntil the app appears before that click app icon.
4. Click import code In the upper right, then Click from a connected device.
5. Click your the device name to complete.
6. Your computer will now scan your phone for photos and videos. This may take some time, depending on how many photos and videos you have on your phone.
7. Once you scan your phone, you will see your photos and videos appear in the Photos app. Could you Select the files you want to import by click check box on individual photosor Clicking the check box in odd months If you want to import your files in larger batches.
8. When you are done selecting, Choose the location on your computer Where imported files will be saved by Click Change Destination. If you want to delete the original files from your phone after importing them, Check the box below. Once you are ready to import, Click Import [X] from [X] things At the bottom.
And we’re done. Now you know how to transfer photos from Android to PC, check out how to uninstall programs on Windows 11, how to install Android apps on Windows 11 and how to enable clipboard history on Windows.