Nobody asked for it, but we’ve done it now—this week’s Friday Themed Film Contest is a Friday-themed movie contest, with plenty of movie trivia to spare.
Quiz-goers are a bunch of cowards and superstitions, so we wouldn’t have a hard time making a roundup on the “13” theme of today’s date, right? Anyway, in addition to asking the full 10 questions about one day of the week at the movies, we’ve got teasers about the Oscar nominees’ acting, romantic comedy taglines, and the closing credits music. What could be better???
Once you have completed all 30 questions, you will find a link to a separate post with the correct answers at the bottom of this post. As always, this is just for fun, but please tell us how you did in the comments (dozens of 30 this week!) and give us any other lovely feedback. Enjoy the weekend!
Round one – this week in movie history
This tour is about new UK movie releases and general movie history from this week in years past – we’ve brought you the year at the start of each question to help you out!
- 2004 – Which character fights Dracula, Frankenstein’s monster, Wolfman, and Mr. Hyde in the supernatural action movie of the same name?
- 1963 – In which classic drama does Gregory Peck play attorney Atticus Finch?
- 2015 – Nominated for an Academy Award for his role in Imperator Furiosa Mad Max: Fury Road?
- 1994 – “Five Great Reasons to Stay Single” is the slogan for which Romcom was nominated for an Academy Award?
- 1968 – 2001: space flight Is it the only movie with a U-certificate for any director?
- 1992 – Which thriller connects Michael Douglas, Sharon Stone and Jane Triplehorn?
- 2018 – In which comic book sequel does Josh Brolin play a time-traveling mutant cable?
- 1984 – Nominated for an Academy Award for playing an alien role in a science fiction romance starman?
- 2000 – how many inevitable fate Movies have been released yet?
- 1939 – Born This Week, from which he reprized his role Pulp Fiction In the series of online insurance advertisements on UK TV?
Second round – Friday competition
Why should your Friday movie quiz always be about the movies anyway? Couldn’t it be about Friday instead? Heck, let’s try it once and then never talk about it again…
- last friday It is the ninth installment in which movie series?
- Who plays the London gangster Harold Shand in the 80s Long Good Friday?
- 1928 play first page It was memorably adapted into which 1940’s comedy movie starring Cary Grant and Rosalind Russell?
- The sport that stands out most prominently in 2004 Friday night lights?
- In which 2009 family movie do Emma Roberts and Jake T. Austin have a pet dog named Friday?
- complete the trilogy – Next Friday…
- Who plays Barbara Harris’ daughter in Body Swap in 1976 freaky friday?
- In what year 1987 did Dan Aykroyd play Sergeant Joe Friday?
- What month of the year is the 2021 zombie shopping horror comedy released Black Friday he sat?
- In the Marvel Cinematic Universe, which Irish actress voted for Tony Stark’s AI, FRIDAY?
Round Three – Fortune Bowl
Let’s finish with a random selection of pot luck movie questions – these questions can come of any era, any type or any level of difficulty. Enjoy!
- “Just keep swimming” is a quote from which Pixar animated movie?
- In cinemas this week! What title connects a 1984 Stephen King adaptation starring David Keith and a 2022 remake starring Zac Efron?
- Who Plays Mrs. Lovett in Making Pancakes in 2007 Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street?
- In the news! water road Is the next sequel made 2009 movie?
- Which 1998 slapstick was Gore Verbinski’s directorial debut?
- What is the name of the character that Ke Huy Quan plays in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom?
- In which 2008 romcom movie does Katherine Heigl play a bridesmaid who has yet to find love on her own?
- Who plays NASA pilot Joseph Cooper in 2014 Interstellar?
- Also in the news! What annual event connects the characters of Will Ferrell, Rachel McAdams and Dan Stevens in the 2020 comics?
- Finally, Radiohead wrote and recorded “Exit Music (for a movie)” as the exit music for the closing credits of Any 1996 Movie?
Ready for the answers?
This is the end of this week’s quiz – when you’re ready to check your answers, click here to get them (it will take you to another page). We will be back next Friday with a special star WarsA themed contest, but until then, let us know your results in the comments below!
Thank you for your visit! If you’d like to support our attempts to build a non-clickbaity movie website:
Follow the movie stories on Twitter hereand on Facebook here.
Buy our print magazines from Film Stories and Film Stories.
Be a shepherd here.