This tutorial is about how to fix “Error Code 0xc000000f” issue on Windows 10. We will do our best to make you understand this guide. I hope you like this blog, How to fix “Error Code 0xc000000f” on Windows 10. If your answer is yes, please share it after reading this.
table of contents
Check How to Fix “Error Code 0xc000000f” Issue on Windows 10
Computers are a staple food and an essential part of our existence. Windows errors are usually annoying and can take a long time to fix. And when time is an issue, managing business requirements and solving problems can be daunting. You may not have friends or colleagues who are always in such a situation. To help you save time and browse different websites to learn how to fix the error.
Error code 0xc00000f is a common error in Windows 10 and is associated with Windows Boot Manager. In simple words: When the boot config database file is missing or damaged and Windows does not start, error 0xc00000f occurs. If you thought restarting your PC would fix this Windows error, you are wrong. So, in this article, we are going to talk about different solutions to fix error 0xc000000f in Windows 10.
How to fix “Error Code 0xc000000f” in Windows 10
- follow the instructions that are on the screen. The 0xc00000f error code is usually accompanied by some practical advice to fix or reset your Windows device. If the device is not responding, the suggested suggestions are not working, or if you don’t receive any system suggestions, continue to the next step.
- Perform a soft reset. Press and hold the power button on your Windows device for at least 10 seconds. After the device turns off, wait a few seconds and then press the button again to turn it on. This is a simple trick, but it often fixes temporary glitches or errors.
- Remove any external drive. This is known to fix error code 0xc00000f at times. Turn off the Windows device, disconnect any external hard drives, and then restart the device. You may also want to remove any attached USB storage devices.
- Remove all hardware and accessories. Removing mice, webcams, and other connected electronic devices from your computer and restarting may also solve the problem.
- If you connect your Xbox One or other video game console to your computer, remove the console by unplugging the cables and removing the dongle used to connect the consoles.
- Perform a forced shutdown. A forced shutdown is similar to a hard reset of a Microsoft Surface line of products that can often fix a faulty Surface device when a normal restart or shutdown doesn’t work.
- For newer models of the Surface Pro, Surface Laptop, Surface Book 2, and Surface Go, a forced shutdown is performed by pressing and holding the power button for 20 seconds until the Windows logo flashes. The method may differ for other Surface models.
- Check for defects in the cables. If you have a Windows computer that can be unlocked, turn it off completely and unplug it from all power sources. Then open it up and look at the wires. Make sure the cables are tightly connected, and if supply wear occurs, replace them.
- When cleaning cables or other internal parts of the computer, do not use a cleaning agent or other liquid. Instead, use a dry cloth.
- Upgrade your computer. If you’ve tried everything else and can’t get rid of the 0xc000000f error message, upgrading your PC might do the trick. This process reinstalls Windows but does not touch any installed programs or saved files. This option can be accessed through the Advanced Boot Options menu on the Blue Screen of Death. Select Troubleshoot > Reset this PC > Refresh your PC.
- Restart your computer. Resetting a Windows PC should be a last resort because it erases everything on the device and returns it to the way it was when you first got it. The Reset your PC option is also available under Advanced startup options recovery options and can be found under Troubleshoot > Reset this PC > Reset your PC.
- Reinstall Windows 10 from the installation media. Windows 10 installation media is an official Microsoft program that you can download to a USB drive or DVD and use to reinstall Windows 10 on a damaged computer or new device. The files can be downloaded from the Windows 10 installation media page on the official Microsoft website.
- Once created, insert the drive containing the Windows 10 installation media into the infected computer. Then restart your computer, and it should boot with the data on the drive. Once loaded, select Install Windows and follow the steps to reinstall Windows 10.
- Contact customer support. If none of these tips work, or if you are unable to try these fixes due to an unresponsive system or advanced startup options menu, contact your Windows device manufacturer’s official customer support. While this can be frustrating, it is important to remember that if your warranty is valid, you may be able to get a free replacement or at least a discount.
Final Words: How to Fix “Error Code 0xc000000f” Issue on Windows 10
I hope you understand this article, How to fix “Error Code 0xc000000f” on Windows 10. If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the communication forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to give us your support.