DublinAnd May 13, 2022 /PRNewswire/ – Added “Smart Windows – Global Market Trajectory & Analytics” report ResearchAndMarkets.com an offer.
Windows in buildings and cars play an important role in providing a sense of space and allowing air and light to enter and ventilate, which contributes to the overall health of occupants. Windows have gained increasing importance in modern homes, in terms of security, safety and aesthetics. However, windows are also a channel for heat exchange, raising or lowering the interior temperatures of buildings and cars based on seasonal conditions resulting in increased energy consumption in the form of heating and cooling. Glass windows allow the heat of the sun to enter the buildings and thus heat the interior spaces. While blinds and blinds are used to block out solar heat, they tend to separate occupants from the outside world. The smart window is powered here because it reduces solar heat gain while providing a transparent view to the outside. Smart windows have become an essential part of the latest and innovative smart home technology.
The global market for smart windows is estimated at 3.6 billion USD In 2020, it is expected to reach a revised size of 6.8 billion US dollars By 2026, at a compound annual growth rate of 11.3% during the analysis period. Particulate suspended devices (SPD), one of the sectors analyzed in the report, is expected to register a compound annual growth rate of 9% and reach 4.1 billion US dollars at the end of the analysis period. After a comprehensive analysis of the commercial effects of the epidemic and the resulting economic crisis, the growth in the electricity sector was readjusted to a compound annual growth rate of 16.4% for the next seven years.
The Windows Smart market in the US is estimated at 1.2 billion US dollars in 2021. Chinathe world’s second largest economy, is expected to reach the expected market size 1.1 billion US dollars by 2026, lagging a compound annual growth rate of 13.7% during the analysis period. Among other noteworthy geomarkets Japan And CanadaBoth are expected to grow at a rate of 9.7% and 10.1%, respectively, during the analysis period. inside EuropeAnd Germany It is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate of approximately 10.6%.
Cost savings, energy efficiency and tighter sustainability standards are stimulating the market for smart glass windows globally. Automotive and aviation applications are poised to witness an impressive growth of smart glass windows. However, high initial installation and material costs, relatively low market awareness and durability concerns, still challenge the adoption rates of smart glass windows. Applications are planned to be expanded and improved switching speed, dimming and tinting control range of glass are planned to support market demand in the near term.
The market is also driven by favorable government regulations that recommend energy-efficient heating, cooling and lighting solutions for buildings and cars. The continuing trend towards including electronics, such as sensors, to transform automated and architectural windows into displays of information and entertainment content is another important factor benefiting market expansion. The transportation sectors represent an important application area backed by growing environmental concerns, an increased focus on energy efficiency, a focus on better fuel economy, and an ongoing quest to improve vehicle and aircraft designs. These windows are seeing increasing use to reduce energy costs associated with heating, lighting and air conditioning.
In the global polymer dispersed liquid crystal (PDLC) sector, United States of AmericaAnd CanadaAnd JapanAnd China And Europe It will lead the estimated compound annual growth rate of 12.7% for this segment. These regional markets represent the combined market size of US$311.5 million In 2020, the expected volume will reach 719.8 million USD at the end of the analysis period. China It will remain among the fastest growing in this group of regional markets. led by countries like AustraliaAnd IndiaAnd South Koreathe market in Asia Pacific expected to arrive 70.1 million USD by 2026.
- Eastman Chemical
- Heliotrope techniques
- innovative glass
- PPG Industries
- SAGE Electrochromics
- Smart Glass International
- Windows Smart Colorado
- View, Inc.
Main topics covered:
1. Market Overview
- Smart Windows – Percentage of major global competitors in the market in 2022 (E)
- COVID-19 virus dampens growth in global smart windows market
- Smart glass: a growing area of interest
- Suspended particle device (SPD) vitreous accounts for big share
- Developed markets dominate, while developing markets drive growth
- Exorbitant costs: a major issue
- The market is witnessing an increase in investments and an increase in patent activity
- Leading smart startups in window glass
- Noteworthy Smart Window Solutions Worldwide: Product Brief Details and Key Features
2. Focus on identifying players
3. Market trends and drivers
- Countless benefits offered by Smart Glass Windows Drive Wide adoption in architectural applications
- Growing Concerns Over Energy Loss Drives Demand for Switchable Smart Glass in Diverse Applications
- Aesthetics: The key factor behind the huge popularity of smart windows
- Implementation of smart buildings and smart cities boosts prospects
- Recovery in the construction sector to promote growth
- Transportation: an important market for smart windows
- Self-cleaning and self-repair applications are gaining momentum
- Self-tinting in car windows: an insight
- Lightweight smart glass: the first choice material in connected cars
- Smart windows look for opportunities in self-driving cars
- Electric vehicles spread to help smart glass find mainstream adoption
- The rising use of electricity and the resulting energy costs are increasing the demand for automatic window tinting in the construction sector
- Intelligent windows on airplanes enable efficient management of light and glare
- Increasing focus on enhancing the consumer experience at airports to drive smart window installations
- Smart Glass for Smart Yachting: A Potential Growth Path
- The superior features of active smart glass promote higher growth than passive types
- Nanotechnology brings hope to help buildings see the green environment through smart windows
- Water repellent and ventilation options
- Smart window with the ability to regulate and harness solar energy for energy-efficient buildings
- Smart and innovative glass solutions to replace electronic window shades
- Electricity-free smart window
- Windows Smart Wi-Fi Compatible
- New smart window technology to control light and heat flow
- Microgels to Replace Hydrogels in Smart Windows
- Mobile application for Windows shader through smartphones
For more information on this report, visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/yh4tkx
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world’s leading source for international market research reports and market data. We bring you the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, major companies, new products and the latest trends.
Research and Markets
Laura Wooddirector, mentor
For EST office hours, call +1-917-300-0470
For US/Canada, call toll free +1-800-526-8630
For GMT office hours, call +353-1-416-8900
US Fax: 607-646-1907
Fax (outside the US): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research & Markets