- Although their laptops are generally bug-free, several users reported that Asus touchpad not working in Windows 11.
- The problem is caused by incorrect settings, outdated drivers, or conflicting third-party applications.
- To fix it, check if the touchpad is enabled from the settings, or try the other methods here.
XInstall by clicking the download file
The touchpad is similar to a mouse and helps control the cursor. It is the first choice of many laptop users, as it is inbuilt and somewhat more convenient. However, several users reported that their Asus touchpad is not working in Windows 11.
For most of the users, the problem appears suddenly without any indication at all which leaves them confused. But do not worry! It is likely not a hardware issue and can be fixed easily. Other users with different laptops are also experiencing touchpad issues in Windows 11.
To know all about why Asus touchpad not working in Windows 11 and the most relevant fixes for it, read the following sections.
Why is the Asus touchpad not working in Windows 11?
The most common reason here is that you may have accidentally disabled the touchpad. There is an option for that in the settings.
Also, if you started experiencing the problem after updating the operating system, it is possible that a new driver was downloaded for the touchpad that is not working properly.
Besides, third-party apps often conflict with the working of the touchpad. If you have installed a program to change the performance of the touchpad, this may be the reason why the program on the Asus laptop does not work in Windows 11.
Another reason, although not as likely as previously stated, is the presence of conflicting hardware. Here, simply remove all non-critical items and reconnect them one by one to identify the faulty device.
Let’s see the different models where the problem can be encountered:
- Asus ZenBook touchpad not working
- Touchpad not working in Asus VivoBook on Windows 11
- Many also found that the Asus ExpertBook touchpad does not work
- Another model with touchpad not working is Asus Rog
The problem also appears in different situations for users. For some, the Asus touchpad stopped working when plugged in, while others reported that the Asus touchpad stopped working when the mouse was unplugged. In the case of the latter, you should do a simple reboot.
Let us now guide you through the most effective fixes.
What should I do if the Asus touchpad is not working in Windows 11?
1. Make sure the touchpad is enabled on your Asus laptop
- press windows + me to launch Settings application, and select Bluetooth and devices From the tabs listed in the navigation pane on the left.
- Next, tap The touchpad Log in here.
- Now, make sure that the switch for The touchpad It is enabled, and if it is not, click the toggle button.
- Also verify that the configured touchpad settings match the expected behavior and make necessary changes if necessary.
Once you are done making the changes, restart your computer for these changes to fully take effect, and check if the Asus TouchPad now starts working in Windows 11.
2. Update the touchpad driver
- press windows + s to launch research Menu, enter device manager In the text field at the top, click on the relevant search result.
- Double-click a file Mice and other pointing devices Log in here.
- Now, right click on the disabled touchpad and select Driver Update from the context menu.
- Finally, select Automatically search for drivers Of the two options in Update drivers Window.
- Wait for your computer to install the best available driver.
If your Asus touchpad stopped working after an update, installing the latest driver version might fix the problem. If so, a new version with the bug fix will be released soon.
If the Device Manager method does not work, you can also manually install the latest driver in Windows 11. In addition, if the Asus touchpad driver does not appear in Device Manager, there are several quick ways to access it.
Alternatively, to save time and automate the task, you can use dedicated software. We recommend DriverFix because it is up-to-date, error-free, and easy to use.
3. Remove conflicting third-party apps
- press windows + s to launch He runs command, enter appwiz.cpl in the text field, then tap yes or hit Enters to shoot Programs and features.
- Now, locate the problematic program, select it, and click uninstall.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
If after a few minutes the Asus touchpad does not work, then it may be a third-party application that is interfering with the work of the system.
Just, remember when you first encountered the problem, and remove the individually installed apps around the same time until you identify the problem.
These are the three ways you can fix the problem in Windows 11. Also, the methods mentioned here will work fine if the Asus touchpad is not working in Windows 10 or Windows 7.
If you are looking for ways to customize the operating system, learn how to set touchpad gestures in Windows 11.
Tell us which fix worked for you in the comments section below.
start a conversation