Even after an uproar from the Android community citing privacy, security and user choice, bloatware on Android hasn’t improved. Yes, MIUI now comes with fewer bloatware, but looking at the overall situation, Android smartphones still come with a myriad of unnecessary apps, especially low-cost devices. So to help you remove bloatware from your Android phone and free up important resources, we have come up with this helpful tutorial. It allows you to seamlessly uninstall bloatware and unnecessary apps. Whether it is Xiaomi, Realme, Oppo or any other device, Universal Android Debloater tool safely removes unnecessary apps from your Android smartphone. On that note, let’s go ahead and learn how this tool works.
Remove Bloatware from your phone with Universal Android Debloater (2022)
1. First, Download Universal Android Debloater (UAD) here. Click “Assets” and download the EXE file for Windows. If you are using macOS, download a file
2. Next, you need to setup ADB on your computer. Follow our tutorial linked to Install ADB Immediately.
3. Next, open the file station window (CMD for Windows and Terminal for macOS). Here, type
adb devices and press Enter. If it returns a serial number, you are good to go.
4. Now, Transfer the UAD file I downloaded it in the platform-tools folder.
5. Finally, open the Universal Android Debloater, and it will do that Automatically detect Your Android smartphone.
6. Once your device is detected, make sure that “recommendedBased on your device’s ROM, Universal Android Debloater pulls up a list of bloatware that can be safely removed. UAD has documented a list of removable bloatware for all major smartphone manufacturers. For users in general, I’d suggest sticking to the Recommended list “.
7. Now, select the packages you want to remove and click on “deselectAt the bottom right. However, I suggest that you carefully check the package name and apply your mind before uninstalling the package.
8. In this way, you can safely remove bloatware from your Android phone using Universal Android Debloater. In case you want Restore a specific package, you can choose “Not Installed” or “Disabled” From the dropdown menu and select Package. Now, click on Restore Selection.
9. You can also search for specific apps from the search bar. If the application does not appear in the debloater, Install Package Name Viewer 2.0 (Free, offers in-app purchases) from the Play Store on your Android phone and search for the app’s package name. Now, find the package name and immediately uninstall the bloatware.
10. Finally, to remove carrier-specific bloatware on Android, Choose “Carrier” from the third drop-down menu And remove unnecessary applications. You can repeat the same process to remove Google bloatware, OEM bloatware, AOSP applications, etc.
Uninstall Bloatware from your Android smartphone without root
This is how you can completely uninstall bloatware from your Android device without rooting. Although there are a large number of debloater apps out there, we recommend Universal Android Debloater because it is well documented and has scanned the removable apps for the major devices out there. Anyway, that’s all of us. If Fastboot won’t detect your Android device on Windows 10/11, we have a handy guide for you. And to find the best custom ROMs for Android, go through our curated list. Finally, if you have any questions, let us know in the comments section below.