Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is an effective way to attract consumers to your online platforms – if you use them correctly. SEO is constantly evolving and staying up to date with the latest updates can be challenging.
Rofuse Digital Director Dennis Finnegan said: “Strong SEO performance requires attention to many metrics and signals, including traffic, backlinks, social shares and more. Keep a close eye on your goals, performance, and KPIs to thrive in 2022.”
What is seo?
SEO is a digital marketing system that aims to increase visibility in “organic” search engine results – on search engine results pages (SERPs) such as Google or Bing.
Why is search engine optimization necessary?
Simply put, SEO is a matter of ensuring that your website is organized in a way that is clear for search engines to understand and makes it easy for customers to navigate to the information they want.
The top 10 organic search results (such as the first Google page) receive approximately 95% of clicks on websites made from the initial search. The highest score gets about 35% of the total clicks.
A general list of SEO tasks may include:
• Review your website’s technical design to identify any SEO issues.
• Conduct Keyword Research to identify searches and keyword opportunities performed by your target audience.
• Improve your website page content and advise on improvements to target new customers.
• Ensure that businesses are optimized for Local Search to appear on the map platforms.
• Audit other ranking factors, such as external links, social media and user metrics.
On-page SEO has evolved so much in recent years that Google has overhauled its algorithm. As a result, SEO tactics had to be modified. Google now views websites as a matter of quality, not quantity.
All websites need content; However, search engines are now more concerned with user experience, as opposed to volume – ie is your content relevant to the user? Is she attractive?
External Search Engine Optimization
Unlike on-page SEO, off-page SEO refers to activities that occur outside of your website. These include:
• Link Building – Create high quality external links to your website, so that Google trusts your website and rankings get higher.
• Presence and activity on social media.
• Wider marketing campaigns and digital PR.
Technical SEO takes care of the structure and construction of your site, ensuring that search engines can easily be crawled and indexed. Essentially, it lays a strong foundation for the site’s content in order for it to rank well.
Areas covered by technical SEO include:
• Site speed metrics.
• Sitemap (how the search engine sees your site).
• Site performance on mobile.
• Site functionality.
SEO trends to know in 2022
1. Improve the basic web vitality
In 2020, Google announced three new metrics, called Core Web Vitals, to measure user experience: load, engagement, and visual stability. The three metrics are mainly related to page speed: how fast a page loads, how quickly it interacts, and how stable it is during loading.
2. Mobile Compatibility Index
Roughly 73% of Internet users will access the Internet through mobile devices in 2025. In 2019, Google launched mobile indexing first – which means that a search engine primarily looks at the mobile version of a website – your site should function properly True on all mobile devices.
3. Longer content will improve SERPs
Long reads, articles over 3,000 words, get three times more traffic and four times more shares. Include longer content while maintaining quality to keep users engaged. Divide your content into sections using H2 and H3 subheadings to make it more scannable. Second, be sure to link to reliable and relevant sources. Finally, include links for your readers to reshare.
4. Featured snippets will become more prominent
Featured snippets are an acronym for gaining fame on Google – usually just 40-60 words and often organized as a FAQ or bullet point guide. Excerpts are the box above the SERPs, above the actual results. This is also known as position zero. Getting a ranking for a featured snippet is a great way to get to the first page of results.
5. Research intent is more important than ever
This is the year when you need to prioritize the search intent of the search query and user behavior over everything else. Google’s AI is getting better at understanding when users are looking for expert advice and will rank the pieces of content that follow their Experience, Reliability, and Trustworthiness (EAT) guidelines above the others.