Ethernet is a great option for anyone who loves an uninterrupted connection to the Internet. But to get your LAN cable to work on your computer, proper drivers are needed. Usually, these drivers are pre-installed on your system, but for some reason, they can disappear, therefore, in this case, we need to download the correct drivers from your manufacturer. In this article, we will see how you can download Ethernet Driver for your Windows PC.
How to download Ethernet drivers for Windows 11/10?
Before we see how you can get Ethernet drivers, you need to make sure that you are connected to the Internet. If your Ethernet is not working because there is no driver, connect to a wireless network.
We will download Ethernet drivers from the following manufacturer.
- Intel Corporation
Let’s talk about it in detail.
If you want to download Intel LAN Driver, go to intel.com and check if the version is what you need, and click Download. The driver will download exactly like this. Once you download the driver, the only thing you need to do is extract the file and then install it. If you do not know which driver to download, go to Automatic Driver and Software Updates and download the driver. You can also use Intel Driver and Support Assistant to do the same.
Lenovo, just like any other manufacturer, has simplified the process. They host all the drivers you need on their website. All you have to do is visit it and get the driver. Here are the steps you need to download the driver.
- Go to pcsupport.lenovo.com.
- Click product detection Or enter your serial number. If you do not have Lenovo Service Bridge, You will be asked to do the same.
- Go to Driver and Software > Manual Update.
- Go to Networks: LAN (Ethernet)And and download the driver.
The driver will be downloaded in executable format, just install it and you are good to go.
Similar to Lenovo, HP hosts its own ethernet driver on its website. Just follow the given steps and you will be able to download the Ethernet driver.
- Visit support.hp.com.
- Type your serial number and click Submit.
- sought All Drivers > Network Driver.
- Download the Ethernet driver.
Noticeable: If you cannot find the serial number, see “Need help finding the serial number? on the HP Support screen.
Dell users can follow the given steps to download the Ethernet driver from the official Dell website.
- Go to dell.com.
- Use your serial number to go to your device page or click Browse all products and select your system.
- Make sure you are on Drivers and downloads tab.
- sought Manually search for a specific device driver <الكمبيوتر المحمول>.
- Find your Ethernet driver and click Download associated button. If you can’t find the driver, expand all files Network, Ethernet and Wireless Drivers and read their description. Sometimes, “Ethernet” or “Wired” is not mentioned in the name.
Once you download the driver, just install it and your problem will be resolved.
Here are the steps to download an Ethernet driver for your Asus PC.
- Go to asus.com.
- Enter your serial number and search or select your product from the dropdown options.
- You will be redirected to Driver and Utility page, There you will be asked to select your operating system, so do that.
- go to Networks section and click View all.
- Now, find Wired Internet driver and download it.
This is how you can install the Asus ethernet driver on your system.
Here are the steps that Acer users must follow to download Ethernet or LAN Driver.
- Visit acer.com.
- Enter your serial number or select your device. Then choose your operating system.
- Expand the driver and download LAN Driver.
Once you download the driver, just install it on your system and you are good to go.
read the following:
How do I install an Ethernet driver on Windows 10?
Now, that you have downloaded the driver for the manufacturer’s website. It is very easy to install. Simply go to the download folder, where your driver is downloaded. Now, if it is a ZIP file, extract it somewhere and then run the setup file to install the driver. If it’s an EXE file, just install the driver by double-clicking on it and following the onscreen instructions.
Read: Where to download drivers for Windows PCs?
Does Windows 11 support Ethernet?
Yes, Windows 11 just like its predecessor supports Ethernet connection. People may not use Ethernet for normal tasks, but when it comes to gaming, WiFi can’t beat a smooth, unobstructed internet from a wired connection. Therefore, you should enable your Ethernet adapter and use it when needed.
Read also: Ethernet connection not working in Windows 11/10.