Whether you use an iPhone, Mac, iPad, or something else, your Apple ID is the way to get new apps. And if you’re trying to buy an app or pay for a subscription, you need a payment method on your Apple ID. However, with the new RBI rules around debit and credit cards, Apple has now stopped accepting payments from cards. This means that the only way to pay for apps and subscriptions is by adding money to your Apple Wallet. If you’re wondering how to do that, we’ve got you covered. Here’s how to add money to your Apple ID wallet.
Add Money to Apple ID Wallet on iPhone, iPad, and Mac (2022)
You can add money to your Apple ID wallet using almost any Apple device you own. Whether it’s an iPhone, iPad, or Mac, adding money to your Apple ID is very simple. We’ll discuss the steps to do this individually, and you can use the table of contents below to find the steps for your device.
Add money to your Apple ID on iPhone and iPad
If you’re using an iPhone or iPad, here’s how to add money to your Apple ID wallet.
Noticeable: Although I am explaining the following steps on an iPhone, the same steps apply to iPad users as well.
- Open the App Store and Click on your profile icon in the top right. Now, press onAdd money to the account“.
- You can now choose the amount you want to add to your wallet. also Choose a predetermined amount, or press “other” To add a custom value. In this example, I will add $100 to my wallet, by clicking on Other. Once you select the amount (or enter the allotted amount), Click on “Next”.
- Choose your payment method You want to use it to add money. Since cards are no longer accepted in India, I will use UPI to add money. Double click to confirm payment.
- Click on the UPI notification to open your UPI app and confirm the payment by entering your UPI PIN.
- Go back to the App Store, and tap Done. Now, on your account page, you will be able to see the updated amount as “credit”. As you can see in the screenshot below, my account is credited with $100, and the total amount available in my Apple ID wallet is $1,014.
That’s it, you have successfully added the money to your Apple ID and you can use it to pay for subscriptions or purchase apps from the App Store. This money can also be used to make in-app purchases.
Add money to Apple ID Wallet on Mac
If you are a Mac user, and you want to add money to your Apple ID via your MacBook, you can do it just as easily. Simply follow the steps below.
- Launch the App Store on your Mac and click on your profile icon at the bottom left.
- Now, click on “Account Settings”. You may be asked to sign in again. In case you forgot it, you can easily reset your Apple ID password and then proceed.
- Here, click on Add Funds.
- You can now choose a pre-set amount, or add the amount of money you want to add to your Apple ID wallet. Click Next and confirm the payment.
That’s it, the money will be added to your Apple ID wallet and you can use it as you wish.
Frequently Asked Questions About Apple ID Money
- Unable to add money in Apple ID?
If you can’t add money to your Apple ID, your payment method will likely be declined. You can check if you have entered your card details correctly. If you are using a UPI, make sure you have entered the correct UPI PIN and that the payment has been successfully made from your UPI application.
- Why did Apple stop accepting credit and debit cards in India?
Due to RBI’s new rules for automatic debit payments that require banks to inform users 24 hours in advance of an automatic debit payment, and due to the inability of many banks to comply with the new guidelines, Apple has (at least for now) stopped accepting card payments for subscriptions and app purchases.
- How do I pay for subscriptions in the App Store?
Adding money to your Apple ID wallet is the best way for users in India to pay for subscriptions, in-app purchases, and more from the App Store.
Use Apple ID money to pay for subscriptions and more
Well, this is how you can add money to your Apple ID easily, with your iPhone, iPad and Mac. Since Apple has stopped accepting card payments in India, using Apple ID funds is the most seamless way to ensure that your app subscriptions, as well as any in-app purchases you make, go through smoothly without any issues. So, have you started using the Apple ID Wallet? What do you think of the new RBI guidelines? Let us know in the comments below.