you may see LogTransport2.exe Application Error when closing Or when you are trying to run Adobe Acrobat Reader, the solutions mentioned here will help you either way. The error message may appear when the user tries to start the application, puts their system to sleep, or shuts down while the application is running. The message says,
LogTransport2.exe – Application Error
The application could not start properly (0xc0000142). Click OK to close the application.
What Causes LogTransport2.exe Error?
LogTransport2.exe is associated with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, and helps perform various PDF related application tasks. When it comes to criminals triggering the error message, here are the common reasons behind it.
- The problem will occur if there is interference in the data transfer between Acrobat DC and Adobe server.
- It is possible that the problem is caused by a corrupt installation. You can solve the problem using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC repair feature.
- If you are using an older version of Acrobat DC, you will encounter LogTransport2.exe error.
Now that you are aware of the various causes that cause the problem, let’s check out how to get rid of them.
Fix LogTransport2.exe application unable to start properly
You can fix LogTransport2.exe Application Error Unable to start or when closing By following these suggestions:
Here are all the effective solutions to try to fix LogTransport2.exe error when Windows PC shutdown.
- fix installation
- Uncheck Use desktop and app
- Change permission
- Update Adobe Acrobat Reader DC
Now, let’s check out all the solutions in detail.
1]Repair the installation
The first solution on the list is to continue with the repair process. The issue can occur due to a temporary glitch in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. If this is the case, you can use the repair function of the application. Heres how to do it.
- Run Adobe Acrobat Reader DC on your Windows PC.
- Click help It is located at the top of the window.
- Select the fix installation option from the context menu.
- Click Yes to the prompt that pops up.
Wait for the process to complete. Once this is done, try to turn off your computer and check if the problem persists.
be seen: Adobe Acrobat Reader DC does not display bookmarks
2]Uncheck Use Desktop & App
The next thing you can try is to uncheck Use Desktop and App. As it turns out, if Acrobat DC fails to send data to the Adobe server, you will encounter the respective problem. Here are the steps you need to follow to get the work done.
- To get started, open the Adobe sign in page on your Windows PC.
- Log in with the same account you use in the app.
- Disable the toggle next to Share information about how to use Adobe desktop applications And Allow my content to be analyzed by Adobe using machine learning techniques.
- Now, exit the window and restart the system.
Check if you still encounter the error message on shutdown. If yes, then try the next solution in the list.
be seen: Adobe Reader error 109 when opening, reading, or saving a PDF file
For many users, the issue was fixed by changing the permissions of the UsageSS registry key. You can do the same and check if that solves your problem. Here are the steps you need to follow.
Open the Run dialog box by pressing Windows + I hotkey.
He writes regedit and press the enter key.
Go to the website mentioned below.
Right click on a file the use folder and choose Permissions from the context menu.
Click on advanced to choose.
In the next window, click disable inheritance.
Click Convert inherited permissions to explicit permissions on this object to choose.
Click Apply > OK.
Now, select the system, and click on Removal to choose.
Save changes by clicking Apply > OK.
This is. Check if the issue is fixed or not. If not, then try the next solution in the list.
Read: How to use custom stamps and stamps in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC
4]Update Acrobat DC
The issue can be caused by an outdated version of Adobe Acrobat DC. As a solution, you will have to download the latest update. Here are the steps to do that.
- Open Adobe Acrobat DC on your system.
- Click on help option at the top.
- Select the Check for updates to choose.
The app will check for any available updates. If found, download it to fix the problem.
How do I fix Adobe Acrobat Reader DC?
If you cannot open PDF files with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, the problem is likely caused by an outdated version of the application. Download the latest version by following the steps below.
- Open Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.
- Click Help > Check for Updates.
Download the update to fix the problem.
read the following: Adobe Reader does not work in Windows 11/10.