Android devices are very popular for their freedom to install apps. However, sometimes this freedom can cost you a fortune when malware in unknown apps hits and steals your data. In this reading, we have listed the top 5 ways to prevent unwanted apps from automatically downloading on Android.
Read also | Top 10 Android Apps You Can Use Without Installing them
Stop Automatic App Downloads on Android
If you have often noticed the presence of unwanted apps on your Android device, it may be because Pre-installed apps Applications within the application Ads, or incorrect application privileges that cause its automatic installation. With that being said, let’s move on to the five effective ways to tackle the problem.
Remove and disable Bloatware apps
Bloatware apps are those unnecessary apps that come pre-installed with your Android device and tend to slow it down over time. These apps are often bundled with unnecessary app links that start installation as soon as you click on them. The best way to get rid of this situation is disable or remove These apps from your Android phones.
1. Open a file Settings app On your Android phone and scroll down to unlock Application management.
2. Next, tap on Application List And locate the bloatware app to configure it.
3. Further, tap on Uninstall button To uninstall the bloatware app from your device. If you don’t see an option to uninstall it, you can tap File Force stop button To stop and disable the application using a file Champions button.
Turn off app installation from unwanted sources
Google has enforced an app security policy known as google play for protection Which checks and runs security checks on apps installed through the Play Store. If you often install apps from unknown sources, you are more likely to encounter malicious apps that tend to install unwanted apps on your device. To prevent this from happening, you need to turn off app installation from unwanted sources.
1. Open a file Settings app on your device and scroll down to open a file security option.
2. Scroll down to select the location Install unknown source Tap on it to review which apps have permission to install apps from unknown sources.
3. Turn off the switch For unnecessary applications that have install privileges such as Google Chrome.
Disable ads in system apps
Some manufacturers of Android phones like Xiaomi, Redmi, etc. serve ads through the built-in system apps to their users. these Annoying ads It often pops up in the middle of using the phone and accidentally clicking on it leads to the installation of useless apps. To prevent this problem, you need to disable the built-in ads and suggestions from system apps.
1. Open a file Settings app on your device and tap apps to configure it.
2. Next, find System apps and locate them from the list of apps. Furthermore, switch a file Receive recommendations option To disable in-app ads.
3. Similarly, some system store apps like Samsung Store, Mi Store, etc. also provide unnecessary ads which lead to unnecessary app installation. You can access their settings to toggle off Show ads to choose.
Scan and limit installed apps for ads
In addition to the original application settings, you can also Survey All apps installed on your device that have built-in ads to restrict it from automatically installing unknown apps. Follow these steps for an easy fix.
1. Open Google Play Store on your Android device and search for Ad Detector app to install it.
2. Next, open the app and tap on clear button In the lower right corner to find all installed applications that support ads.
3. Wait a few seconds to get a list of all the ad-supported applications. you can now Faucet on the corresponding app to uninstall or disable it.
Check the app settings to prevent downloading unwanted apps
For the app to install other apps and make changes to the Android system, the permission to modify system settings is mandatory. You can use this fact to your advantage and review all the applications that have the ability to modify system settings. This can help you to Disable all these apps Which leads to automatic installation of unnecessary applications.
1. Open a file Settings app and scroll down to open a file Application management to configure it.
2. Next, tap Private app access Option and press Edit system settings.
3. You can now view a list of all the apps that have permission to modify system settings.
4. Tap on the desired app to revoke its permission before switch off Modify system settings.
Bonus Tip: Disable Annoying OTA Updates
If you are tired of OTA updates are annoying on your phone every time, then you can choose to disable it. Some Android phones also offer a feature to disable automatic updates for system apps. Follow these steps to disable it on your device.
1. Open a file Settings app and press System App Updater option to configure it.
2. Next, tap gear sign in the upper right corner and turn off Settings Automatic updates.
3. Similarly, to disable OTA updates on your device, locate apply update And disable it by pressing disable button.
Related | Top 10 Ways to Fix Android Apps Not Working on Mobile Data
Conclusion: get rid of clutter
So, this is all about the ways to prevent unwanted apps from downloading automatically on your Android device. If this detailed reading has helped you to get rid of all the unwanted apps that are clogging your device, then hit the like button and share this reading with your friends to make them aware of these ways. Stay tuned for more useful Android guides.
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News Or for tips and tricks, smartphone and gadget reviews, join Tools for using Telegram Groupor for the latest videos Subscribe review GadgetsToUse YouTube Channel.