If you want to take personalization to the next level on your phone, try changing the app’s colors and icons. There are many fun ways to do this on both Android and iOS. So, let’s check it out.
How to change app colors in Android
Changing app colors and themes on your Android phone largely depends on the current Android version. It is important if you want to change app colors without using any third party apps.
using color palette
If you have the latest Android 12, changing app colors will be seamless with the new version color palette feature. This handy feature will automatically change app colors and theme color based on your wallpaper color. So, the first step is to choose the wallpaper that you think will suit your phone.
Then, you can take these steps to Change the colors of the app with Color Palette:
- Tap and hold an empty space on your home screen.
- then select wallpaper and elegance.
- tap on the color painting.
- Select the color palette you prefer. You can even view a preview of the selected topic.
- Once you have selected the board you want, tap Set each color palette to choose.
Now, the colors of your phone’s apps, as well as other UI elements and menu colors, also match the color of your wallpaper. If you cannot find the color palette option on your phone, please check your phone version and install any available updates.
Use the phone’s built-in theme options
If you have an older version of Android and don’t have the Color Palette feature, you can use the built-in theme options on your phone. For example, if you have a Samsung phone, you can visit the Galaxy Themes store. From the options at the bottom of the screen, tap on Icons and choose the icon pack of your choice.
You can get app icons, themes, wallpapers and more for free additionally. But if your phone is from another brand, you may still be able to find similar settings.
For example, we found Theme Store on our Xiaomi phone as well. Although there is no specific feature for just customizing app icons, you can use a theme and change app icons accordingly. To access this, you can follow these steps:
- Long press on the home screen.
- tap on Wall paper. This will lead you to a new page.
- go to themes tab. Choose any topic of your choice.
Use Theme Launchers
Another way you can customize the app’s colors and icons is via theme launchers. You can find different types on Play store. With these launchers, you can fully customize your phone. Besides changing app colors and icons, you can even change the style of your home screen, keyboard layout, lock screen, and more.
However, you may get different options for customization depending on the launcher you are using. In addition, suspicious theme launchers can invite potential viruses and bugs. Therefore, we recommend using themes like Apex Launcher, Nova Launcher, or AIO Launcher.
To use these theme launchers, just install them and follow the instructions within the app to choose the style or design you like best.
Get Icon Packs
If you are not a fan of theme launchers and just want to change the colors of the app, you can download icon packs from Play Store. Search for “icon packs”, and you can find various combinations to suit your taste.
How to Change App Colors in iOS Using Shortcuts
With the release of iOS 14, iPhone users have many options to customize the colors/icons of their apps. To do this, you will need to use the Apple Shortcuts app. With this app, you will need to create a new shortcut and then set a new color and icon for the app. Here’s how you can do that:
- open the abbreviations a program.
- Click on Plus Sign up to create a new shortcut.
- Click on abbreviation name To add a new name.
- Then press Open the app to assign a task.
- tap on a program And choose any application of your choice.
- Now, click on File app iconYou can choose any color and logo of your choice.
- If you want to add an image to your app icon, select File Settings icon.
- tap on Add to home screen.
- Tap on the app icon and choose a new photo.
How to change the color of your apps without shortcuts
If you find that using Shortcuts app is too time consuming and would like a faster alternative, here is what you can try to turn apps into tools. Doing this procedure will give your app a completely new and attractive look. Here’s how you can do that:
- Press and hold on your home screen.
- Click on Plus icon to unlock widgets.
- From the list, you can scroll and choose which app you want to change to a widget.
- You will get many style options for your chosen application.
- Choose one and click on it add widget.
- You can now view and even navigate the widget on your home screen.
Meanwhile, there are also third-party sources to change the colors and icons of your app on your iPhone. However, we do not recommend using such methods as they may cause applications to crash and potentially cause viruses.