In this post, we will talk about how to fix Yellow Triangle Warning on C drive on Windows 11/10. A yellow triangle exclamation warning indicates that you need to verify the information stored in the associated drive and ensure that it is safe and protected by Bitlocker.
BitLocker Drive Encryption comes built into the Windows operating system, and takes care of data protection. Provides the best protection when used with TPM 1.2 or later. This may happen if the device auto-encryption is not enabled. The problem may occur if the user created a local account and logged in with it during the initial (out of the box) setup of the computer. However, don’t worry, if you also see the yellow triangle warning on C Drive, just follow the solutions below to get rid of the problem.
Yellow Triangle Warning on C drive on Windows 11/10
Below is a list of all the effective solutions that you can try to get rid of the yellow triangle warning with lock on C Drive on Windows 11/10.
- Run the Chkdsk . command
- Enable BitLocker encryption
- Disable BitLocker encryption
Now, let’s look at all these solutions in detail.
1]Run Chkdsk . command
Before trying anything technical, you should run the Chkdsk command. It will look at the file system and file system metadata for logical and physical errors. To run the command, follow the steps below.
- Press the Windows key to open the Start menu.
- In the search bar, type command prompt and hit the Enter key.
- From the result, choose the “Run as administrator” option.
- Now, in the cmd window, type chkdsk / q and press the Enter key.
Once the command is executed, close the Command Prompt window and restart the system. Check if you are still facing the issue. If not, you are good to go. But in case the issue persists, try the next solution in the list.
be seen: OneDrive exclamation point error code in Explorer
2]Enable BitLocker encryption
A yellow triangle warning on drive C indicates that automatic device encryption is disabled. This option is enabled by default but can be disabled automatically after system updates. To solve the problem, you will have to enable and disable BitLocker. Here are the steps to enable BitLocker on your system.
- To get started, open the Settings menu by pressing the Windows + I hotkey.
- In the System section, locate and open File storage to choose.
- Click the drop-down menu icon next to Advanced storage settings.
- Choose Disks and volumes.
- Select C Drive and choose the Properties option.
- In the next window, select Turn on BitLocker.
- Choose Enter a password.
- Create a strong and unique password to unlock the drive.
- Click on the Next option.
- Under How to back up the recovery key, select Save to Microsoft account.
- Click Next.
- Choose Encrypt only used disk space (faster and better for new computers and drives).
- Click on the Next option.
- Choose New encryption mode (best for firmware on this device) As the encryption mode to be used.
- Now, click Next > Start Encryption.
Now, restart your system and check if the problem is fixed or not.
be seen: Fix Disk Management Errors on Windows 11/10
3]Disable BitLocker encryption
The issue can also occur if you previously used BitLocker protection on drive C. If this is the case, you will have to disable BitLocker encryption. You can do that by following the steps below.
Open Command Prompt in administrator mode.
Type the following command, and hit the enter key.
manage-bde -off C
This is. The process will take some time. Once it is complete, restart your system. You will notice that you no longer see the yellow triangle warning.
Read: Explorer.EXE Blank message with yellow exclamation mark on startup
What does the yellow gradient with an exclamation mark mean on my computer?
If you see a yellow exclamation point triangle on your computer, this indicates a problem with the associated hardware. Indicates the current device state and indicates that there is some conflict between the devices and system resources. The problem mainly occurs when you try to connect a new device to your system. To solve the problem, you can reconnect the device. If this does not make any difference, you can proceed with the associated driver update. Reinstalling the driver can also prove to be an effective solution.
How do I fix the yellow triangle with an exclamation point on the battery icon?
It is very common to see a yellow triangle above the battery icon on a Windows PC. Fortunately, this problem is very easy to troubleshoot. You can try the following methods: Run the power troubleshooter, manually restore the power plan defaults, uninstall or reinstall the battery driver. For more information, you can check out our dedicated guide on the same.
How do I fix a display adapter or GPU that shows a yellow exclamation point?
This problem mainly indicates that the driver is not installed correctly. To solve the problem, you can download the latest driver update by visiting the device. Alternatively, you can reinstall the driver if the update does not make any difference.
read the following: How to remove Lock Overlay Icon on encrypted files.