This tutorial is about how to fix “original won’t open” issue on Windows 11. We will do our best for you to understand this guide. I hope you like this blog How to Fix “Original Won’t Open” Issue on Windows 11. If your answer is yes, please share after reading this.
table of contents
Check how to fix Origin not opening issue on Windows 11
Origin is a digital game distribution platform developed by Electronic Arts for purchasing and playing video games on Windows and mobile devices. It is a software client that acts as a game player, just like other desktop clients for PC games. Now, after upgrading to Windows 11, some users seem to be reporting Origin crashing or freezing unexpectedly on their Windows 11 PC. Well, this happens a lot.
If you are also one of the victims where the Origin desktop client gets stuck, freezes or stutters on your computer, then you don’t have to worry. Here we have compiled some possible solutions that will help you. For some PC users, the game client may not start or run due to various reasons such as corrupt installation files, outdated system, outdated or corrupt graphics driver, and more.
How to Fix “Not Opening Source” Issue in Windows 11
Clear the original cache
- Open File Explorer by Win + E.
- Browse to the location where you installed Origin, in most cases this is “C:UserUserAppDataRoaming”.
- Find the source folder, right-click on it and select Delete.
Recreate the Windows 10 host file
The host file on your computer is responsible for redirecting websites to their corresponding IP address. If it gets corrupted, Origin will not work. So if you are having problems opening Origin, try resetting the Host file.
- But first, we have to rename the current host file. So, launch File Explorer and go to the following location.
- A: WindowsSystem32driverstc.
- Now, right click on the host, select Rename and name it “Host.bak”.
- To create a new host file, start Notepad and paste the following code.
- # Copyright (c) 1993-2009 Microsoft Corp. ## This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows. ## This file contains IP address mappings to host names. Each # entry should be kept on a separate line. The IP address # should be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name. # The IP address and hostname must be separated by at least one # space. ## Additionally, comments (such as this one) can be inserted into a single line or follow the team name indicated by the “#” symbol. The resolution is handled within the DNS itself. #127.0.0.1 localhost #::1 localhost
- Name the file “host” and save it to the following location.
- A: WindowsSystem32driverstc.
- Finally, restart your computer and check if the issue still occurs.
Run Origin in compatibility mode and as administrator
- Right-click on the Origin shortcut from the desktop
- Click Properties.
- Go to the Compatibility tab and select Run this program in compatibility mode
- Also select “Run this program as an administrator”.
- Finally, click Apply > OK.
Reinstall the original
If nothing works, you can uninstall Origin and reinstall the latest version, as the error might be caused by a corrupt installation package.
- To uninstall the app, go to Settings > Applications > Source > Uninstall.
- After uninstalling, reinstall the app from origin.com and it should work fine.
Final Words: How to Fix “Original Won’t Open” Issue on Windows 11
Hope you understand this article How to Fix “Original Won’t Open” Issue on Windows 11If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the communication forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your family and friends.