This tutorial is about how to fix Chrome running slow issue in Windows 11. We will do our best for you to understand this guide. I hope you like this blog How to fix Chrome running slow issue in Windows 11. If your answer is yes, please share after reading this.
table of contents
Check how to fix Chrome running slow issue in Windows 11
Windows 11 will be released on October 5, 2021. The latest version of Windows has quite strict system requirements and only officially supports computers with modern CPUs. Despite the built-in Chromium browser Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome is still the default choice for Windows users. One of the reasons for choosing Google Chrome is its unparalleled performance. However, all is not well in Googleland.
Sometimes Google Chrome behaves sluggish or sluggish in Windows 11. Google Chrome can be the reason behind high disk usage errors in Windows 11 and Windows 10. As for slow or lag performance in Google Chrome, it is not an easy factor to determine One. We discuss all possible scenarios and fix slow Google Chrome on Windows 11 and Windows 10. Check them out below.
How to fix “Chrome is running slow” issue in Windows 11
Restart your browser
- Click the X button in the upper right corner to close the browser and try restarting it again. If it doesn’t work, try the next step to close your browser completely.
- Right-click on the Start button and select Task Manager from the menu.
- Click on Google Chrome from the list of processes and hit the End task option in the lower right corner.
- Now try running Chrome again and see if you have the same problem.
Try an alternate browser
- While Chrome may become slow and lag due to cache or history data, you can try a faster and more reliable browser like Opera.
- Using this browser instead will give you better online security with our free VPN or built-in ad blocker.
Clear browsing data
- In the upper right corner, find three vertically aligned points and click on them.
- Go to More Tools, then tap Clear Browsing History.
- Click Privacy and security on the left panel, then select the Clear browsing data option.
- Click the Time Range tab and select All time from the list of options.
- Now select the data you want to delete (preferably all) and then choose Clear Data.
- Restart Chrome and see if it runs faster now than before.
Use Chrome Task Manager
- Click the three vertical dots button in the upper right corner to access the Chrome menu.
- Select More Tools and choose Task Manager from the list. You can also open the Chrome Task Manager using the Shift + Esc key combination.
- Find the useless processes that are consuming more CPU resources, click on them and then hit the End process button in the lower right corner. Chrome can’t work with some processes and if you stop them, Chrome will restart them right away.
- Chrome runs multiple processes in the background and this can consume a lot of your CPU resources causing Windows 11 to run slow.
- A good way to fix this is to open Chrome Task Manager to review processes and terminate unwanted processes.
- Click on the three vertically aligned dots in the upper right corner and select Settings.
- On the Settings page, select About Chrome in the left panel.
- If your browser is up to date, you can see it. Otherwise, Google will automatically update when you open this page.
Reset Google Chrome
- Click on the three vertical dots in the upper right corner and select Settings.
- Select the Advanced option on the left and after it expands, click on Reset and clean.
- Choose Restore settings to their original default settings.
- Now you just have to click on Reset Settings.
Final words: How to fix Chrome running slow issue in Windows 11
Hope you understand this article How to fix Chrome running slow issue in Windows 11If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the communication forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your family and friends.