- Although WMC is not accessible on desktop machines, there are solutions to bypass this limitation.
- While this guide is aimed at Windows 10 and 11 users, it may be useful for Windows 7 and 8 users as well.
- Take advantage of all that WMC has to offer by applying the solutions in this guide.
XInstall by clicking on the download file
Unfortunately, changing the basic settings of your Windows device, such as brightness and volume, can be a bit tricky. To access these normal settings, users have to navigate through many menus, which is somewhat counter-intuitive.
Fortunately, Windows features a tool that allows users to access and change these regular settings with the tap of a finger. The problem is that few people know it exists. And those who do, may not know how to enable it.
What is Windows Mobility Center?
It was first introduced in Windows Vista, Windows Mobility Center or WMC It is a built-in Windows component that centralizes the information and settings most relevant to mobile devices and mobile devices.
Some of the information and settings mentioned include audio settings, battery life, power systems, screen brightness, wireless network strength and status, among other things, depending on the device’s hardware.
Unfortunately, WMC is not accessible on desktop machines. However, this limitation can be bypassed by modifying the Windows registry.
How do I access Windows Mobility Center on a laptop?
1. Use the search bar
1. hit Windows key or click Started button.
2. Type Windows Mobility Center in the search bar.
3. Click on Windows Mobility Center.
2. Use the battery icon in the system tray
1. Locate the battery icon in the system tray and right click on it.
2. It will be one of the available options Windows Mobility Center. Click on it.
3. Try the Power User Menu
1. Open a file Superuser List by pressing windows + X Or right-click on a file Started button.
2. Search Mobility Center and click on it.
4. Use the Run dialog
1. Open the playback window by pressing windows + R was found.
2. He writes mblctr.exe In the dialog window and press Enters or click yes.
How do I access the Windows Mobility Center on the desktop?
1. Open the Power User menu by pressing windows + X Or right-click Started.
2. Locate and click Command Prompt (Administrator) or Windows PowerShell (Administrator).
3. Write a file After the command in the console, then press Enters.
4. Next, type the second command in the console, then hit Enters.
How do I create a desktop shortcut for Windows Mobility Center?
1. Right-click an area on the desktop.
2. Hover your mouse pointer over new, Then click abbreviation.
3. Type mblctr.exe in the text field, then tap Enters or click next one.
4. Type Windows Mobility Center in the text field, then tap Enters or click ends.
We hope this guide was useful to you. Tell us which of these steps were most helpful to you.
And if you know other ways to enable and access Windows Mobility Center, feel free to share them with us in the comments section below. We love to hear from you.
start a conversation