This publication features different solutions if Epson Scan is not working On Windows 11/10. The problem is very common among users who have recently upgraded to the latest Windows operating system. Don’t worry if you encounter the same problem, you are not the only one. And most importantly, the problem can be easily solved. Just try the solutions below to get rid of the problem on your Windows PC.
Epson Scan does not work on Windows 11/10
Here is a list of all solutions to try if Epson scan not working on Windows 11/10.
- Change Epson Scan Settings
- Remove Epson Scanner from compatibility mode
- Run the hardware troubleshooter
- Check Windows Services
- Epson driver update
Now, let’s look at all these solutions in detail.
1]Change Epson Scan Settings
If Epson Scan is not working on your Windows PC, the first thing you can try is to change the Epson Scan setting. This solution has helped many users, and we hope it helps you too. Here are the steps you must follow.
- To get started, click the “Start” button and search for a file Epson folder.
- Open the folder and click Epson Scan Settings.
- Choose Network, followed by pressing Add.
- Wait for it to find the IP address.
- Double-click the IP address that pops up.
- Click on Modify option, and rename it.
- Click OK.
The problem was now resolved. If not, then try the next solution in the list.
2]Remove Epson Scanner from Compatibility Mode
The next thing you need to make sure is that you disable the compatibility mode of your Epson scanner. If by any chance this is enabled, it is not surprising that you are experiencing the problem in question. You will have to disable Epson Scanner Compatibility Mode to get rid of the problem. You can do that by following the steps below.
- First, right-click on the Epson scanner icon and choose properties from the popup menu.
- Switch to a file Compatibility tab.
- Deselect a file Run this program in compatibility mode for to choose.
- Click OK to save changes.
Check if the issue is fixed or not. If yes, then you are good to go. But in case it persists, try the next solution in the list.
be seen: What is a network scan and how does it work?
3]Run the hardware troubleshooter
Running the Windows hardware troubleshooter is another effective solution that you can try in this situation. It will identify and fix the problem automatically. You can run the hardware troubleshooter on your Windows PC by following these steps.
Open the Run dialog box by pressing Windows + R hotkey.
In this space provided, type poultice and press the enter key.
A command prompt window will appear.
Type the following command and hit the enter key.
msdt.exe /id DeviceDiagnostic
The Hardware and Device Troubleshooting window will appear.
Click the next option.
Now follow the on-screen instructions to get rid of the problem.
4]Check Windows Services
The next effective solution that you can try if Epson Scan is not working on your Windows PC is to check the status of some Windows services. You can do this by following the steps.
- Open the Run dialog box, and type services.msc, and press the enter key.
- In the pop-up window, locate and right-click on it Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) Service.
- Choose Properties from the context menu.
- change the Startup type to automaticmake sure Service Status is set to Management.
- Click Apply > OK.
Reboot the system and check if it solves the problem.
5]Update Epson Driver
If you have recently downloaded the latest Windows update, it is not surprising that you are facing the problem. As it turns out, Windows sometimes removes a third-party driver with the built-in driver option after downloading a Windows update. This could be the main reason why Epson Scan is not working on Windows PC. You will have to manually update the scanner driver to solve the problem. You can do that by following the steps below.
- Visit Epson’s official website to download drivers
- Select the operating system.
- Click the Download option next to the latest driver update.
Install the downloaded driver on your system to fix the problem.
Read: Fix Scanners Not Detected Error
Does Epson Scan work on Windows 11?
Yes, Epson Scan works on Windows 11, that too without any problem. Once your Windows PC and scanner are connected to the same internet connection, the scanner will be automatically detected by Windows 11 ARM. The scan functionality will be provided on your system by installing a generic driver.
Read: Scanner not working on Windows 11/10
Why is my scanner not working on Windows 11?
There can be several reasons why the scanner is not working on Windows 11. But among all of them, the main one is often outdated driver. You will have to download the latest driver update to fix the problem.